Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wyoming Day 4 - Park and Horses

Today we started the day by going to the park in Cody! Logan really liked the swing but we forgot the sunscreen so we couldn't swing for too long. We then moved over to the shade and played a little. It seems like Logan is really changing again. He is looking so much more grown up each day and really developing unique features. It has been so fun spending each day with him and just relaxing and focusing on him. Our first family vacation is going GREAT!





Later in the afternoon we decided to go horse back riding in the mountains. The scenery was amazing. It was a long trip. I think we were gone just about four hours. Our butts are not feeling good right now that is for sure! I have rode horses several times before but going up and down mountains and hills is a different experience. My horse (Chardonney) liked to run up the hills to get it over with, so that was an experience and adventure for me. I kind of got the running thing down towards the end but at first I was sure I was going to fall off and break my arm. The sun was hot out there but there was a perfect breeze, and the fresh air and the scenery made it all worth it no matter how sore I can imagine we will be tomorrow. I wish Logan was old enough to have enjoyed it with us! It was another great day in the Wild Wild West! We are planning to go to Yellowstone one day this week so that should be fun!






My sweet Cowboy riding off into the sunset! (I accidently had the camera in b&w mode, but it actually turned out pretty good)....


1 comment:

the rosenbaums said...

i love looking at your trip updates...what a neat experience for Little Logan!