One thing that I noticed more today than before, is how amazing it is that cows feed there babies the same way I feed Logan. Now I know this is not new information to me, but just watching all the babies with their moms and how they interact and still as dumb as we may think cows are still have that mothering instinct and are trying to help their babies when they are getting pulled away....we live in an amazing world!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Wyoming Day 1 - Cattle Branding
This morning Levi and his Dad got up and headed to the cattle branding. Sherry, Logan and I headed out a little later. Logan was not a big fan of all the mooing going on and got a little upset. Here are some pictures from the day. Levi did good wrestling the calves....it was so sad watching the babies get pulled away from their moms branded, castrated, ears cliped and then a shot....that is one rough day!
One thing that I noticed more today than before, is how amazing it is that cows feed there babies the same way I feed Logan. Now I know this is not new information to me, but just watching all the babies with their moms and how they interact and still as dumb as we may think cows are still have that mothering instinct and are trying to help their babies when they are getting pulled away....we live in an amazing world!

Also, in Wyoming we dont have to sit backwards and Logan has so much fun looking out the window...he looks like such a big boy!
After the branding we went to the Ranch owners (over 100) year old house. He actually does not have running water and uses an out house. This is Levi checking it out (I wasn't going in there). We had a fantastic lunch with fried bread - it was awesome, sort of like a donut/croisant/funel cake - topped with some honey - fantastic!!!

We stopped to get a few family photos of our first Family Vacation..
To finish off the day we stopped to our meet cousin Ivy Clare for the first time. She is 13 months old and sooooo cute! Yes, it is swimming weather here to them, she is in her swim suite and we had Logan in long sleeves and sweat pants. We ended up having to loose the pants cause it was too warm!
One thing that I noticed more today than before, is how amazing it is that cows feed there babies the same way I feed Logan. Now I know this is not new information to me, but just watching all the babies with their moms and how they interact and still as dumb as we may think cows are still have that mothering instinct and are trying to help their babies when they are getting pulled away....we live in an amazing world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment