Sunday, October 16, 2011

Logan's 1st Day of School

Well this post could be soooo long. Back in June we decided to take Logan out of his in home day care and put him into a school. We really wanted him to start getting a curriculum since at the in home day care it did not include that. We put him in a school close to my work. Logan of course cried the first week but then was fine. Beginning about the third week he would scream and cry like h never does when I would drop him off. It would BREAK MY HEART and I was convinced there was an underlying reason, that he really did not like that place for some reason. One day after picking up Logan and some questionable realizations Levi began looking online for some alternate schools. I was so stressed about the situation that I told him he had to step in. Every single school I called did not have openings for Toddlers, was only part time - mothers day out preschool or was not a good school. I did not know what to do. How do you get a toddler in full time day care at a good school??? We would ask everyone, "where does your kid go". Turns out some friends of ours that recently had a baby had their kid enrolled at one of the schools that was on Levi's list. They had looked at 8 or so and liked this school and their child would start in Late August. I decided to call first thing that Monday and I just knew they were going to say, "sorry, were full". Turns out they were going through and expansions and needed 18 TODDLERS. Holy Cow! I went on the tour the next day and LOVED it!!! Only problem was it was kind of a lot more than we were paying. Levi went back with me two days later to get the tour and his exact words were, "That is everything I could ever of dreamed of a day care for Logan". Jack Pot! We decided to bite the bullet and cut some expenses. Logan could not start until August 22nd so we were about four and half weeks away at the time. I decided to pull Logan out of his day care and we tossed him around town for four and half weeks. I would keep him when I could, my mom, Levi's moms, our sisters etc. Logan loved every minute of it. The last week I took off and the three of us spent the week together. It was great. The following Monday Logan started at his new school on August 22nd. We LOVE it. It is perfect for Logan and his teacher is awesome! Here are some pictures of his first day of school! I was sooo excited for him....such a big boy!

This whole school situation was part of my reason for lack of blogging, I did not want to talk bad about his school and everything seemed to be going wrong. Since I am posting this now 2 months later it all doesn't seem like a very big deal but it was sooo stressful and emotional at the time :(

These first pictures were actually taken after school because they needed a picture for their classroom!





 On our way to school!



 He wont ever hold his back pack cause he says its too heavy...this is the best I could get!
                                                Daddy Telling Logan to be a good boy :)


1 comment:

Snider Family said...

I hear you about school. I signed Reagan up to start in January. I went through a point where I called around every school her and it was either a Montessori school, private and like 30K a semester, or trash.

Finally I found one. I think it will be good for her, but I know it will be so hard at first. Also here is mostly Spanish students, so that is hard for her.

Glad it all worked out! I know things like that are so hard and stressful on us Momma's. I will get going through it in January!