We headed to the doctor and they did a flu test and a strep test which were both negative. They were still concerned with how lethargic he was. He literally laid in my arms and sucked his thumb the entire time we were at the doctor and fell asleep on the way there. I have never seen him like that. They did an oxygen level test (was good at a 96) to make sure everything was ok and listened to his lungs. His lungs sounded good, but he had a really bad cough.....the doctor sent us over to the imaging center to get some lung x rays to just make sure it wasn't phnomia....sure enough everything came back ok and we got a RX for Zofran to help him keep stuff down (he thew up again in the car on the way to the doctor as well). The doctor was concerned about dehydration and said to keep 3-4 ozs down per hour to stay out of the hospital!!
He seemed to be feeling better and stupid me thought some chick fil a would make it better (since it always does for me...haha). He ate really good, almost like he was starving and got some energy back. We headed to the pharmacy and then home so he could take a nap. Sure enough about 2pm he puked all that chicken up all over his bed and then was out for a long time!!!
Of course, Levi had finals this week and was gone non stop from sun up to sun down so I was on my own with this one! I thought you should just eat bland stuff when you are sick, like soup, grilled chicken etc. I didn't know the point was to eat soft stuff that was easier when it came up. Good lesson to learn ;)
He woke up feeling worse, I would wake him up every 30 minutes or so to take a drink of some gatorade or water. He was getting so annoyed with me but the last thing I wanted was to have to go to the hospital and I was really concerned about him. Normally, even when he is sick you would hardly know it as he still is his self typically. When he got up from a nap he seemed better and had a little bit of energy, he asked surprisingly if he could go ride his bike....again not mother of the year decisions, I said yes, he rode about two houses down and started crying saying his legs hurt, I said ok well lets go back in, sure enough by time we got to the front yard he puked EVERYWHERE (I was glad it was in the yard and not my living room thought...sheesh, it was ALOT).
Later that night, his cheeks were soooo bright red, and he would just sleep and sleep, I would try to wake him up and he wouldn't get up. I didn't know what to do so I turned to google which was ridiculous, I thought he had all kinds of crazy stuff and Levi was not home to give me a second opinion on if he was ok! He ended up going to bed and the next morning woke up and wanted to eat. He had a bowl of oatmeal and seemed to be feeling pretty good. Still a little low on energy, he made it through the day without a fever or any throwing up!
He headed back to school on Thursday just in time to be able to rehearse and practice for his Christmas program on Friday!
1 comment:
So glad he is feeling better. It is so hard when you see your sweet baby hurting and sick. Love that sweet little Logan.
Post a Comment