Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weekend Fun: Easter Egg Hunt, Birthday, Dinosaur Train and Circus!

What a weekend we had full of fun!! We started out our Saturday morning at the Rowlett Egg Hunt. We ran into all kinds of friends there....Josh, Natasha and Grant/Brent,Holly and Preston/Sue and Triston. Logan was so excited and did so good hunting the eggs. He was so patient and would just run and pick them up being very nice to the other kids. He was unfortunatly still afraid of the Easter bunny and all the other large creatures the event...Mickey Mouse, Chick fil a cow etc. Maybe next year....











 I looked ove and he was sitting here looking so sweet! Sweet boy!!





Next up Saturday afternoon was our neighbor George's birthday at ASI. Logan had a blast and loved every minute of it. When I was putting him in his car seat as we were leaving he said, "I wanna do that again". Might have to look into a class for him. Just what we need, right??? haha!













Sunday morning we woke up early and headed to the Science Place. They were having a special members event featuring Dinosaur Train. Logan doesn't watch it so much anymore but not too long ago he LOVED Dinosaur Train. He had fun but was not too fond again of the live size Buddy!












And since we were in fair park, why not go to the Shriner Circus?? What an adventure. It was really neat but I really wish I would have planned better, the circus started at 11 and I figured we would be out by 1 and go eat lunch. In the future, I will not plan on two events back to back. The circus tickets were so cheap I couldn't pass it up but boy were we in for it? I bought general admission tickets, for the 3 of us with the online fee it was $20. I wanted to get there early to make sure we got a good seat because they were so cheap I didn't want to get stuck in the back. So we get there right at 10....an hour early! We are sitting there for a minute and then we notice all the parents and kids going down to the floor. I got excited and told Logan lets go. I remember one time in high school Levi and I went to the circus and we got there early and got our pictures with the clowns, dressed up like clowns and had so much fun (That was Ringling brothers though). Anyway, we get down there and there is a lady with a snake, I was showing Logan and asked him if he wanted to touch it, as he goes up to touch it the lady says, you can look all you want but if you want to take a picture or touch it you must get a ticket. What? A ticket, really? So we head to the ticket table. This was the price list: elephants ride $15, Camel Ride $10, Horse Ride $7, Picture with the snake $10, Face painting $10, Bounce House $6, Bounce Slide $6 and cash only! Holy Cow, How was I going to be here for an hour and tell him no to all these things. I got the ATM card and got some cash from the conveneient ATM machine located on the floor. We did the horse ride, bounce house and bounce slide for $19. Luckily the lady was nice and let him go down the slide about 10 times when orignally they said you could only go down once. So we did that for awhile and then when he got kicked off the slide I got him back up to the seat with Levi, of course so sweaty and thirsty. Drinks were another 6 bucks so we made him wait....haha! Then here comes the vendors with the swords, snow cone, stuffed animals, cotton candy....you name it. $15 for the sword, $6 for cotton candy, $10 for snow cone....so ridiculous. We told Logan he couldn't have any of it. It was so sad, we felt so bad. After we had said No like five times we didn't feel like we should change our minds because he kept asking even though I really wanted to. I wish I just would have gotten him the sword from the get go but really wasnt wanting to spend alot of money at the Shriner Circus for goodness sake!! Everytime one of the vendors would walk by he would reach his hand out and say, Me, Me and then would just about start crying not understanding why they wouldn't stop and give him one. "But I didnt get mine" he would say. Levi and I felt awful but we were sticking to our guns knowing those toys were a piece of crap! The show finally started and lasted about 1 hour, then they stoped for a 45 minute intermission, where you guessed it, they opened up the floor again for the kids to go play. At this point it was 12:30, we were starving, Logan was thirsty and tired and we were so tired of telling Logan no that we decided to leave. He didn't know it wasn't over. We couldn't try to get him to stay in his seat for 45 minutes watching those kids play and not undrstand why we wouldn't let him. Anyway, lesson learned, dont try to go to the circus and get by cheap, even if it is the Shriner Circus!! Despite everything Logan had a lot of fun!! When we were walking out he was saying he wanted a juice. He thought the snow cones in the fancy light up cups were juice. I said, Ok lets go get some. So where heading to the car and Logan was slightly behind us and he stops and yells, "Mommy". I turn to look at him and he says, "No, I want a juice from in there". We couldn't help but laugh. Luckily, Levi came to the rescue and turned into a monster so Logan had to run fast to get away :). Despite our lesson, it was a great day and we had a lot of fun once the show started. Logan really liked the elepant show and it was impressive!!! We grabbed some lunch at a new place by our house that we had been wanting to try called Good To Go Taco. It was ok, not what we were expecting, probably a lot better for breakfast than lunch!!

Thats it, what an adventure. O and my Mom and Dad came over Sunday evening and had dinner with us and Dad showed me how to make my own screens. My soon to be next project!!









Sweaty boy!




1 comment:

Brent and Holly said...

That's crazy about the circus. Lesson learned for sure. Glad I get to learn from you...haha. The gymnastics party is a great idea. I will have to remember that one