Things have been a little crazy for me since my last post. Levi and I both went through some crazy, busy non stop weeks that made life challenging let alone time to blog or do anything. I haven't updated on Logan's 2nd, 3rd and 4th soccer games since our not so well handled first game. So here goes!
As mentioned before we took Logan to Hailey and Garrett's soccer games that first week so he could get a feel for how the game is played and why those kids were trying to take the ball from him. Through out the week I really tried to help explain to him what the point of soccer was we played outside and we both tried to "win" as he would call it which meant score a goal. I got Iron Man and Captain America to play soccer against each other with a bouncy ball on a rug and he loved it. He did great at practice that following week as well. He was pumped up Friday night for his Saturday morning game. He woke up Saturday morning excited and Levi told him he could have a donut before his game (the first week he had cereal) so he was excited about that too. As soon as we go to start putting his soccer uniform on he starts with..."I don't want to play soccer, I like soccer practice, I don't want to go to my soccer game". Ugh! We thought we were over it. He pushed through and focused on the donut :)
We arrived at the game and let him play and watch the other team. He got excited again and was pumped up and ready to go. We were excited for him. The coach didn't let him start after last weeks debacle, Levi and I were worried that he would lose interest and we would have a repeat. Instead, he stood by on the sideline waiting patiently for his turn. Finally about 7 minutes into the game coach called him in. He was ready. He took that ball and kicked it down the field just like we had practiced. He Loved it and he did so good. I moved to the end of the field by our goal so I could get some good pictures of Logan coming toward me. I was down there when Logan comes breaking through the crowd headed to the goal trying as hard as he could. He kicked that ball in and I was sooo proud of him. I seriously thought I was going to start crying. Levi was on the other end of the field and neither of our parents where there this week. I couldn't believe he did so good!! Levi was on top of the world. Then it just kept going, going and going. Logan ended up scoring EIGHT goals! Holy cow what a difference. As we were leaving the field Levi summed it up well when he said, "well that was a lot more fun that last week". We are so proud of Logan for giving it another try. He now loves soccer and is doing a great job. The third week, we really had to re adjust, Logan just had the hang of it and just kept kicking it in the goal. The ref asked Levi if she could start taking the ball away from him to give the other kids a chance. It was a little frustrating for Logan because he did not understand what was going on and the ref kept telling him to NOT kick the ball, which went against everything he was trying to learn and understand.
Week four was great, Logan and his team mates were learning how to let Logan take it down the field and they would be waiting by the goal and he would set it up for them to score. It was perfect! My favorite part is that look he gives me and Levi after he scores...he loves hearing us cheer him on and we love doing it! I also love watching how focused he is. He is the first one to line up after they score and he watches the ref, waiting for the whistle to blow so he can take off. Which I could get him to focus like that on learning his letters :) I sent my mom a text after that second game telling her I was so proud of him I thought I was going to cry and she said, "Parenthood is a wonderful thing" and that it is :)
Here are some pictures...I will get video up soon! Sorry there are so many. Every game, I think, I have plenty of pictures all the exact same but I can't help myself :)
 |
| I had my team colors on for the second game! |
 |
| Logan said, "we match" |
 |
| Watching for the whistle to blow!! |
 |
| We are working on Logan and Cole playing as a team...haha! |
 |
| Go Logan...right before his first goal! |
 |
| Love those arms! |
Game Three
 |
| The YMCA Pledge |
 |
| Waiting patiently |
 |
| Proud Daddy! |
 |
| This pic was taken right before the next two! |
 |
| Runs up and steals it! |
 |
| And he is off! |
 |
| Love my little soccer player! |
 |
| Sitting out for a bit with mom! |
No comments:
Post a Comment