Sunday, March 4, 2012

Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge

On Saturday, Dallas had an event for the new bridge that is opening up later this month. I really felt the need to go once I heard you will never be allowed to walk on it once it is opened to cars plus I thought Logan would think it was cool and I thought it was kind of cool too. We were getting new countertops installed so Levi had to stay home and wait for that but my Mom came along with Logan and I to be a part of history. We had a good time....Logan was really excited about seeing the bridge and of course, I always like to get places extra early to try to beat the crowds. We got there early, parked walked to the bridge to find out we could not go on it until noon. It was 10:54. What in the world were we going to do in the parking lot for an hour (we had already paid $10 to park). We sat in the car, sat outside the car, sat in the car, then Logan had to go potty (#2), so we went across the street to McDonalds, came back, played some more, walked to the bridge, waited for 15 more minutes and then finally at 12:04 they let us on....it was a bit of a LONG hour but Logan did good, he was getting a little tired once we got on the bridge but man we had built up that excitement so he was pumped!. Here are some fun pictures of our adventurous day!!











Logan holding up the bridge!






FINALLY!!! Were on!




















Doesn't that sound so glamorous "Riverfront Blvd"


Logan found a piece of History on the bridge, he squated down to take a good look at his Rock!

No comments: