Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Can't beleive I turned 29 last week and that I will be 30 on my next birthday!! So crazy!! My actual birthday was on Thursday and it was a great day. Sara and I did our annual go to lunch for Mindi's birthday. She had me venture out a bit and go to the Taco Joint. It was actually really good and I was pleasantly surprised (the outside did not look to promising :)! When I got home Levi and Logan had some pedafores for me and some Ugg Slippers (Sounds like a familiar birthday present!). I ended up cooking dinner and we just hung out around the house. Friday night we went to Roadhouse. It is one of my favorite restaurants but I refuse to go on my birthday due to the fear that they will come out and sing to me and try to make me ride that saddle in front of the entire restaurant!! No thanks ;)

Saturday we had Brynleigh Bear's 1st birthday party and after that we headed out for my birthday. I wanted to do something a little different this year and something I have been wanting to do for a while so we got a group of us together and headed to Pinot's Pallette. It is a paiting thing that you come and follow the teacher and paint your picture while drinking wine and snacking on appetizers. Me, Levi, Holly, Brent, Sara, Chris, Taron and Megan all went and everyone brought an appetizer. Holly went all out and brought all kinds of fancy cheese, crackers, grapes and cake balls. It was all sooo good, and not to mention she gave up four precious hours with her 4 week old baby to hang out for my birthday!! Luckily Sara brought a pizza because we were all sooo hungry!! I also got a gift card to CFA from Holly and a new scarf, she knows the way to my heart! After chit chatting for a bit and snacking we started painting. I felt like I started out really good and then started getting a little painting challenged towards the end and my picture did not turn out so great!! O well. It was a good time and I was glad to see the boys getting into it too!! After that we headed across the parking lot to a sports bar where Terry, Lauren, Josh and Natasha met up with us. It was nice to have everyone together!! Here are some pictures from our adventorous night! As Chris said, we MUST be getting old if we are starting to paint at birthday parties.....haha!!!


Two very special people!!

He is pretty special too!


What we started with



Love this pic of us girls and our hubbys
 












Sara was pretty into it!

The end result. My tree looks like a giant hand. I should have just stopped after the church!!

The whole class!

What artist. Now what to do with all these paintings....

1 comment:

Brent and Holly said...

I just noticed that the girls picked green aprons and the boys all picked white aprons. Weird