Life is crazy....time goes by so fast. I have been slacking on my blogging lately. Here is a quick recap of our lives.
Logan started daycare on October 26th...four days after he turned one. Mine and Levi's goal was to not put Logan in daycare until he was at least one and boy did that timing work out. Levi started a new job on the same day. Life is super busy these days with waking up extra early to get Logan dressed and ready to go, back track in the opposite direction of work to drop him off at daycare...head to work, drive past my house to pick him up and then get home just in time for Logan to eat dinner, have a bath and go to bed. I absolutely hated the first two weeks more than anything. Logan and I were both so miserable. He went from having two naps a day to one nap with no transition time. Sleeping until 8:30am to waking up at 7am and being so busy all day he is exhausted. I seriously only got to spend time with "tired" Logan those first two weeks and I did NOT like it. It was so hard to think that his personality had been altered. Not to mention, Levi was working all day and going to class at night and not being able to spend time with Logan (or HELP) with any of it. Logan then got strep throat which caused him to get scarlet fever after the second week at daycare. I was DONE and on the search for a better option. I did not understand how other parents do this day in and day out and did not see the light at the end of the tunnel that this would ever get easier. Once we stayed home with him for three days as he recovered I took him back to school that following Monday. I swear when I picked him up that day he was a different child. He was happy, energetic and excited to see me. We now have all adjusted to our new lives and Logan actaully walks into class each day by himself. Sometimes he will cry but mostly is excited to see the other kids and be there. Even better he is so sweet again in the evenings and has mastered his new schedule causing all of us to be happier and enjoy each other during the time we get to spend together.
First day of school
Logan when he was REALLY sick (this was a really tough day for this little guy)
All better and my sweet boy was back
So as I began adapting to this new crazy schedule and busyness....I realized that I was spending WAY too much valuable time blow drying and straightening my hair each day...so, I chopped off 11 inches of it and boy did I get some time back in my day. I love it and wish I would have done it a long time ago.
Sorry....no after pictures yet (even though it has been two weeks)
Logan is such the walker and talker these days. Growing up so fast and even more so since he started daycare. He tries to jump and run on top of his walking. He had his first major walking wound the other day (which was actually more my fault than his). He had jeans on that were too small and was having a hard time catching himself when he would fall. Sure enough he was outside and hit the cement nose first and had a nice scab on his nose from it. Poor little Logan looks like Rudolph.
Thats our life in a nutshell. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
Wow, what a tough few weeks. Glad everything is working out now. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment