I got a little teary eyed last night, thinking this was the last time I was going to tuck you into bed as a preschooler....no more not going to school if we don't feel like it, spending the day with family if that seems more fun, sleeping in late because we can. We have strict school rules to follow everyday!
I woke up about 3am and could not sleep at all. I finally fell back to sleep and was up at 6:30am to get you ready. You rubbed your eyes a little and said it was still dark outside, I said, no it isn't look at your window. You then jumped up and brushed your teeth and started to get dressed. I had my camera out and you laughed and said, "what are you doing" because I was taking your picture of you getting dressed.
Daddy taught you how to fix your hair so you can start doing that in the mornings and then we had some breakfast. We snapped some photos on the front porch and saw Hudson outside doing the same thing so you got a little impatient since he was leaving, we needed to be just behind him. We arrived to the school a little later than I had hoped due to traffic and all but it ended up working great. Your class was already in the classroom and playing with plato. I helped you put your stuff in your cubby and you were anxious to sit down and have Hudson sit next to you. We snapped some photos and hung around not sure if I was ready to just leave. We then peeked in the window for a few minutes and watched you.
They had a Boo Hoo Breakfast for the Kindergarten parents so we went to that for a few minutes and then headed back to check on you again. Y'all were having circle time and introducing yourselves, we saw you raise your hand - I was so proud of you. I felt like you felt so prepared and ready for this big day and having Hudson by your side made it that much greater. Mom and Dad both came home and worked from home today so we could come pick you up from school and hear all about it together.
You are such a sweet and good kid and I was so proud of how you handled something new today. Looking forward to picking you up and hearing all about it!!
1 comment:
I seriously can't believe he is already in Kindergarten!!! He looks like such a big boy in the pics. I bet he is going to have a lot to tell you after his 1st day of school. :)
Post a Comment