Wednesday, February 27, 2013

All Aboard for 30!!

I had the best 30th birthday ever!!! Two of my very best friends and the beach!! Who could ask for more???

We started off our trip super early on Thursday morning to catch our 7:30am flight to Miami. I headed to pick up Sara at 4:30am and off we went to get Holly. We got to the airport with no issues and had some breakfast at the airport. We talked about our trip and how excited we all were to have 4 days of pure relaxation.





Once we landed in Miami we quickly grabbed a cab and headed straight to our hotel. I literally thought I was going to vomit in the cab. I tend to get car sick anyway but this guy was on another level. Luckily we made it safely to the hotel and they let us check in 4 hours early! We got our swimsuits on and headed to see the beautiful South Beach! After taking a look around we decided to grab some lunch before making our selves at home. A local referred us to the News Stand and it did not disappoint. Holly and I had been working so hard on working out and eating healthy for the trip so this was a big treat for us to eat whatever we want. Although it was hard at first, we managed to finish off our whole plates!!  Then it was off to South Beach for the day!









Once the sun started going down we headed back to our hotel and got ready for a night out on the town. Our first stop was at DASH. Holly was so excited to visit the store. It was crazy how expensive everything was and it didn't really seem that nice. Holly was able to make a purchase and bought a $4 pencil to say she bought something!! Afterwards we decided to head to Lincoln Rd. to do some shopping and eat dinner. Our dinner wasn't that great I didn't think but it was a fun atmosphere and we had a good time. After dinner we had the best ice cream EVER at Kilwins. I had Miami Beach Mud and it was AMAZING with a on the spot made waffle cone that was actually warm with my ice cream in it!  After dinner we did some more walking and decided to take the South Beach Local Bus for $.25 back to our hotel. It wasn't the nicest and the bus stop smelled horrible (we also had a homeless person start peeing right next to us) but at least we didn't have to walk.





The next morning we woke up super early to head to the beach. We only had a few hours and wanted to make the most of it. We grabbed some breakfast at Starbucks and we were on the beach by 9:30am....we stayed until around noon and grabbed a Pina Colada on our way back to the Hotel....a $17 pina colada I might add!! We got our stuff together and checked out of the hotel and did a little shopping (with suit cases and all) as we made our way to the Miami Pier. We made a very inconvenient stop to TJ Maxx to see if I could find the sunglasses that I love that disappeared from my body our first day there with no luck (luckily, since we have been home, I did happen to find them at Marshalls, thank goodness :)) and we were ready to board the ship and set sail to the beautiful Bahamas!!

 Sara did a lot of wheeln and dealn on the beach that day!









Once we got on the ship we had to do our Muster stuff and that took a little bit and then we got ready for dinner!! After dinner we took it easy and went to the comedian show and did a little sight seeing and silly picture taking and called it a night pretty early. We had a big day ahead of us on Saturday in the Bahamas and wanted to be well rested and ready!!



 I tried snails for the first time. 

Friday night at Midnight we were laying in bed in our room and I realized I was 30!! Eeek!! Sara and Holly sang me Happy Birthday and I was off to sleep!! We woke up Saturday morning bright and early to be sure to get off the ships as soon as possible. We were porting at 10am and I wanted to be sitting on the Beach in the Bahamas no later than 11am. Holly was so nice and actually brought me a present and hid it the entire time to surprise me with a full cup cake kit on my birthday! It was so thoughtful and I am super excited to have my own cup cake stand!


I had pre organized our day pass at the Sandals Resort and knew we needed to take the #10 bus. I did really know much more than that so we had a little trouble finding the right bus but finally we were in route to paradise!! Upon arrival, it was amazing, the flowers and everything at the resort was amazing. We lucked out and only had to pay the half day rate instead of the full day rate (almost no thanks to me by reminding her they were not charging us enough and Sara kicking be behind the counter to shut the heck up)! After a few minutes we were in and headed to our spot in the sand. This is a description I stole from Holly's blog because I thought it perfectly described our day!

We grabbed our beach chairs and before I knew it, Sara was returning to our spot on the beach with 3 Bahama Momma drinks. That was the beginning of the end. After 3 shots and 4-5 drinks later, we were taking pictures of ourselves like we were models, doing jumps in the air, taking pictures of other people “trying” to jump in the air, flip flops, herkys and probably annoying all the couples who were there for a romantic get-away. According to one lady, I believe her exact words were, “those girls are sh*ted faced”! Mindi and I ended up passing out on our beach chairs and even getting hit with a football didn’t wake my butt up. I somehow managed to get sand all over me while snuggling up with my beach towel as if it was a blankee. After a good 2 hour nap and plenty of sun bathing later, we made our way up to our room to get ready for dinner. 
























Our next day was our only at sea day so we just planned to relax and hang out. I had a really weird experience with a random guy lying to us and telling us he was a comedian on the ship and a massage therapist and he wanted to give me a foot massage for my birthday. I reluctantly said yes, cause who wants to turn down a free foot massage from a massage therapist right? Well, he got pretty weird when we was petting my feet and admiring them and would not stop talking about how nice they were. Then proceeded to kiss my feet and the icing on the cake, put my toe in his mouth....at that point I took my foot away and said, that was enough and thanked him for his time! It was ODD to say the least!!!



We had our final dinner that night and Sara won $100 bucks at some black jack! We had to be up and at em early the next day to get off the ship so we headed in around 1pm. They did sing Happy Birthday to me on Sunday night since we were at our ship dinner on Saturday. 


Such a great trip, with some great friends! So many memories we made that day in the Bahamas! I do want to say, I LOVE THE BAHAMAS. The water was absolutely amazing. No waves makes the ocean so much better! The sand on my feet was so soft and smooth and you could just swim in like a pool. I loved every.single.minute.of.it and can't wait to go back SOON!!!!

Thanks girls for giving me the best birthday every and allowing our birthday celebrations to be on my actual birthday!! It was very special to me and I will always cherish our girls trip!!



No comments: