Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012

What a great weekend! We started out with having a date night on Friday and Levi's Mom and Darrell picked Logan up from school and took him home with them. Logan loves when Papa picks him up from school. I will say, "Do you want Mommy to pick you up today or Papa...." the answer is always, "Papa"....well gee thanks :) We tried the new cajun retaurat by our house and it was really good and then watched Safe House. I think I bit off all my fingernails watching that movie, so intense! We got up super early Saturday morning because we had an appt for Dobber (our dog) to see a doggie dentist because we have suffered long enough from his unbearable breath that no one could seem to properly diagnose (yes, this is worse than not having his teeth cleaned or anything you could imagine). The dentist diagnosed him with Chronis Ulcerative Paradental Stomatitis....crazy right? Which basically meant from what I can tell is that his gums are allergic to plaque as well as many other things and it was causing them to constantly be infected and the result was them rotting away, litteraly!! Diagnosis was to extract 15 teeth!!! So we took the plunge and gave them the go ahead since they were able to get him in the same day (I am sure we took high priority with the revenue they were making from us....sheesh!!). We picked him up at 2pm and his breath did not stick! It wa magic!! He did so good too. He was a little loopy and first but by Monday morning he was better than his old self! So glad we can enjoy our doggie again!!!

After all that excitement, we heade to Mimi and Papa's house to meet up with Logan and the rest of the family for a fun day of swimming and cooking out. Logan and them were at the pool when we arrived and I walked down there to find him swimming under water. I couldn't believe it. He was doing so good, with a snorkel and all! We headed back to the house to eat dinner and for some kite flying. All the kids did a great job with that too. I am not sure I have successfully ever flown a kite so it was kind of fun to see them doing it!!













Then on Sunday, I had a great idea to go to the Take it to he skies festival in Mesquite at the Mesquite Airport. It was a good idea, but so Hot! I also did not really know what was going on and the air show didn't start until 2:30 and we got there at 11:30, so we ended up leaving about 12:30 but we saw some plane tricks and did some of the other events. Logan had a good time, doing something a little different.







Watching the plane take off!


Sitting in an old War Plane!


Sunday after Logan's nap we headed over to Josh and Natasha's for some more swimming and hanging out. Logan and Grant played soooo good together!! We had a really great time watching the boys swim and have fun!







Then finally on Monday we relaxed and hung out at home and cooked a nice steak dinner!!! I wish every week was a three day weekend!

No comments: